I saw this from the car window driving home through South Dakota. It took ten miles before I could turn around and go back to take the photo. I love the way the prairie is like waves in the sea and the old farmhouse like a boat.
I once read about an old lady who literally lived on the border of the States and Canada. Her kitchen was on the Canadian side and her bathroom on the American side. :) I always imagined her house exactly like the one in the picture!
No trees in South Dakota, North Dakota, Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta (that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it gives you an idea of the immenseness of the prairie).
Love it. Thank you again Muscadine Max for all your great contributions!
ReplyDeletewow! aren't there any trees in South Dakota? it must be amazing how far one can see!
ReplyDeleteI once read about an old lady who literally lived on the border of the States and Canada. Her kitchen was on the Canadian side and her bathroom on the American side. :) I always imagined her house exactly like the one in the picture!
ReplyDeleteNo trees in South Dakota, North Dakota, Manitoba, Saskatchewan or Alberta (that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it gives you an idea of the immenseness of the prairie).
ReplyDeleteThe joke is if your dog runs away, you can still see it running two days later :D
ReplyDelete